Despite US ban, Huawei finally launched the new “P” series, including the vanilla model Huawei P50 and the real flagship Huawei P50 Pro. As usual, they still do a great job in camera: the standard P50 has three rear shooters, with a 50MP main, 12MP periscope zoom and 12MP ultra-wide snapper. While the P50 Pro has 64MP telephoto, 50MP main, 40MP monochrome and 13MP ultra-wide cameras, making it the best camera phone out there.
If you ask whether they support wireless charging, well, the answer is yes and no. Huawei P50 has 66W wired charging, but no support for wireless charging. While for P50 Pro, you can either charge it with cable in a 66W speed, or wirelessly in 50W. That’s a big offset considering P50 only has a 4100mAh battery and P50 Pro 4360mAh, both quite modest for a phone in this price range. Still, you can expect some smartphone optimizations to further keep the devices ticking over for a decent length of time.
Huawei P50 series were rumored to lack 5G support, however, the fact is that P50 Pro comes in two flavors, one with a 4G-locked Snapdragon 888 and another with the 5G-capable Kirin 9000. Although Kirin 9000 is a bit weaker than SD 888, you might like it because of its 5G.
Huawei is still excluded from Google, and you can’t benefit from Google apps in Huawei P50 series. But, if you are die-hard Huawei fans, both of the two new phones are great options if you can live without Google apps. For those interested in 5G technology, maybe you want to have a look at these Huawei P50/P50 Pro alternatives, including Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (best of all), OnePlus 9 Pro, and Motorola One 5G (the cheapest 5G phone).
- The Anker Advantage: Enjoyed by over 50 million users worldwide, our leading technology will change the way you charge.
- Complete Charging Convenience: Instantly charge your phone or earbuds simply by placing them in the center of PowerWave Pad. Never fuss around with plugging and unplugging cables again, just set down and power up.
- Universal Compatibility: PowerWave Pad provides 10W output for Samsung Galaxy, 7.5W for iPhone, and 5W for other phones or wireless earbuds (including AirPods).
- Through-Case Charging: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave charges directly through protective cases up to 5 mm thick (not including cases with magnetic or metal attachments).
- The Belkin Difference: No 1 third party maker of wireless charging accessories
- Charges in portrait or landscape mode, allowing for continued use of phone while charging
- Delivers the fastest wireless charging speed to most Qi enabled smartphones. Charges through most lightweight plastic cases – up to 3mm
- Provides fastest charging speed for iPhone at 7. 5W, Samsung at 9W (all other Qi enabled devices up to 10W)
- Compatible with all Qi enabled smartphones, including: Apple iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, X, 8, 8 Plus / Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, S8, S8+, Note9, Note8
- AC adapter with 5 foot cord included
- Protected by 3 year with registration