We already know that either of the four iPhone 12 series is rated IP68: the vanilla, Mini, Pro, and Pro Max. As the “I” stands for how well protected against dust a device is, which runs from 0 to 6. While the “P” refers to protection against moisture on a scale of 0 to 9. So we learn they are highly protected from water and dust, but how water-resistant exactly?
CNET did a test for the Phone’s water-resistance and found that the iPhone 12 can withstand very deep water and clearly meets the IP68. After being placed 19.6 feet (6 meters) underwater for 30 minutes, the phone was still working and no changes were found. While in the extreme tests–65 feet (20 meters) underwater for 40 minutes, everything’s OK except that the phone sounds muffled when playing back the voice memo, and some long-term water damage was found after drying it out for over 72 hours. More details about the test please check the video below.
Actually, the IP rating simply increases the phone’s ability to survive accidental water or dust damage, you should minimize exposing your iPhone to soap, detergent, acid, or acidic foods, and any liquids as possible as you can. Avoid things like:
- Swimming or bathing with your iPhone
- Bringing the iPhone on you when showering, water skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
- Internationally submerging your iPhone underwater
- Disassembling your iPhone, including removing screws
If your phone gets wet by accident, wipe it off with a soft, lint-free cloth. If it is an acidic liquid, rinse your phone under tap water first.
To dry your iPhone, hold it with the Lightning connecter facing down. Tap it gently to remove excess liquid. After that, you can put your phone in front of a fan blowing cool air directly into the Lightning port, or leave it in a dry area with some airflow.
Don’t dry your phone with the hot wind from your hairdryer, or insert a foreign object, such as a cotton swab or a paper towel, in case the scraps may get into the ports.
EasyAcc Crystal Clear Case for iPhone 12/12 Pro
current price: $14.99
- Compatibility: Compatible With iPhone 12 Pro 6.1. And the phone can be charged wirelessly with the case.
- Clear Appearance : The hard acrylic backing fully shows the original appearance of your phone.
- Soft TPU Frame: the case is built with reinforced corners to protect against falling and bumping. And it’s flexible to install and remove too.
- Screen and Camera Protector: The top raised edges of this cover protect the screen and camera lens from scratches on the sanding surface.
- Package Included: 1 piece of case and 1 piece of protective film.