The iPad Air 4 (2020) got shown off at Apple’s September event alongside the entry-level iPad (2020), the Apple Watch 6, and Apple Watch SE. It is the fourth generation of the “iPad Air” line, but it appears to share more common features with the iPad Pro (2020). For instance, it has a flat edge, an all-screen display, a single rear camera, and some subtle edge buttons. Beyond that, the iPad Air 4 is the first Apple tablet with a fingerprint sensor built into the power button on the side –it’s the second generation version, so it should be fast and reliable. There’s also a USB-C port, which is good news for those wanting to plug external monitors or hard drives into the tablet. How about accessory compatibility? Is iPad Air 4 compatible with Apple Pencil and Magic Keyboard?
The iPad Air 4 is compatible with Apple Pencil 2 (2018), but it doesn’t support Apple Pencil 1 (2015). This is because the tablet hasn’t got a Lightning port, which means that it can’t charge or pair with the original stylus. While you will need to charge the Apple Pencil 2 wirelessly just by bringing it close to the side of the new iPad Air, and sync large files via the USB-C port.
Known for the great typing experience, a track pad that opens up new ways to work with iPad OS, a USB-C port for pass-through charging, the front and back protection and more, the Magic Keyboard becomes the new choice for many Apple lovers. And luckily, you can either choose the Magic Keyboard or the Smart Keyboard Folio for your new iPad. The Magic Keyboard can be the best match with excellent user experience, though a bit expensive for a price of $299. But for basic needs, you can also use the Smart Keyboard or the one we recommend for you.
Case recommended for the iPad Air 4 2020
- [Compatible Tablet] — Provides 360º protection compatible with your iPad Air 4 2020 10.9 inch A2325. [Supports the wireless charging and magnetism of apple Pencil 2.]
- [Built-in pen holder] — Built-in Pencil holder, pack your Pencil effortlessly whenever you want, and simply take your Pencil with you with your device.
- [Complete protection] — The tough TPU back cover protects your iPad from bumps and dirt. The velvety microfiber lining offers unique comfort and additional protection against scratches and dirt.
- [Strong magnet] — Built-in magnet to control the sleep / wake function as well as to hold the front cover firmly on your iPad when closed.
- [Stand function for two positions] — Fixes your device in an ideal viewing angle or in a comfortable position to write.