If you ask whether Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra are compatible with Apple Watch, we are sorry to tell you that they are not. Apple has always insisted on exclusivity except for iTunes on Windows. Apple Watch hasn’t ever supported Android phone, and the same is for Galaxy Note 20/20 Ultra. So if you have an Apple watch and want to upgrade your phone, think it over before you switch to an Android phone.
Apple Watch cannot pair with an Android phone but only to an iPhone device, which only refers to iPhone 5 and later models, and certain apps may not function on Android, such as health, physical fitness as well as downloading of apps. Because the connection is achieved via Bluetooth, if you attempt to pair your Apple Watch to an Android device through Bluetooth, the connection request will be rejected.
The main reason that might explain why Apple refuses to bring Apple Watch to Android is that iPhone makes almost all the profit in the mobile industry already. As markets mature, like the iPhone market has — like the phone market in general has — though, and you don’t have more customers buying, you add accessories and services so customers buy more. Or we can say, in order to make use of Apple Watch, we have to pay for an iPhone and even the whole Apple ecosystem.
In the future, Apple might continue to use the Apple Watch to keep people locked into the iPhone, or it may finally go to Android because Apple will inevitably want to make money from Android phones. And some people guess that anyone will be able to get and use an Apple Watch, but people who are part of the Apple ecosystem will still have a much, much better experience. No matter which one is true, if you want to continue to use Apple Watch right now, we recommend you wait for iPhone 12 rather than choose Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra.
If you have decided to buy the new Galaxy phone, give it a thought to Samsung Galaxy Watch as well. It has longer battery life (3 days v.s. 0.75 days), and is compatible with both Android and iOS. The brand-new Galaxy Watch 3 will be a great pick too for these features:
- a versatile smartwatch
- an alternative to Apple Watch or Wear OS smartwatch
- a smartwatch that doesn’t skimp on fitness or smart features
- a wearable to work alongside your Galaxy smartphone
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Remarkably Compact: One of the smallest and lightest 10,000mAh portable chargers. Provides almost three-and-a-half iPhone 8 charges or two-and-a-half Galaxy S8 charges.
- High-Speed Charging: Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to deliver the fastest possible charge for any device. Qualcomm Quick Charge not supported.
- Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- What You Get: Anker PowerCore 10000 portable charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. USB-C and Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately