Sony is a Japanese tech giant whose industry covers electronics, video games, motion pictures, music, and much more. With the great achievement in mind Sony has made in video games (or PlayStation series), many fans are also wondering if Sony Xperia 1 II behaves well in gaming, so today let’s just have a check.
The Sony Xperia 1 II is equipped with a 21:9 6.5-inch 4K OLED display, twice as sharp as its rivals like OnePlus 8 Pro. There is only a 60Hz refresh rate, but Sony makes up for that with the motion blur reduction feature, which they say reduces the time needed for pixels to switch from an off to on state, thus potentially improving the tearing effect on fast-moving objects.
As the high-end audio manufacturer in the world, Sony this time adds a 3.5mm headphone jack on Xperia 1 II, which is a really fantastic move for game lovers when almost all other flagships have ditched the port. The two front-facing stereo speakers are also gamer-friendly. You can just put out the sound instead if you don’t want to wear cumbersome headphones.
The handset is powered by the Snapdragon 865 which you’ll find on OnePlus 8 Pro and Black Shark 3 and most other high-end 2020 phones. The 8GB RAM is not the largest out there, but more than enough for your gaming.
As for the battery life, Sony Xperia 1 II features a 4000mAh battery. It’s less than Huawei’s 4200mAh and OnePlus 8 Pro’s 4500mAh, but it ranks just OK among many other flagship smartphones like iPhone 11 (3110mAh), Google Pixel 4 (2800mAh) and so on. It has the same capacity as Samsung Galaxy 20, but considering the 60Hz refresh rate, we can predict it can last longer than Galaxy 20 when playing mobile games.
H.S. power control, or Heat Suppression power control, is a new feature Sony included in its Game Enhancer suit. When you are running out of battery when gaming, just turn it on and connect your phone with the charger. The power will actually be used to support your current assumption instead of charge the phone battery. This way, the heating problems can be avoided and the battery life will be longer. No worry about the effects frequent mobile gaming has on your phone anymore.
Sony Xperia 1 II is one of the best smartphones for PUBG and other mobile games. The gaming will be rather smooth and you can turn on the highest graphics without any lags or frame drops. If coupled with a PlayStation controller, it can be the best immersive gaming experience you have ever had.
Recommendation for your phone:
Anker Powerline USB Type C Cable
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 20 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Fast Sync & charge: charges phones and tablets at high speed. Offers SuperSpeed transfer of 5 Gaps—transfer an HD movie in under 5 seconds. (Does not support full speed charge for Nexus 5X or 6P or Google Pixel XL. )
- Lasts 5X longer: double-braided nylon exterior, toughened aramid Fiber core and laser-welded connectors equip power line+ with superior toughness from end-to-end.
- 3A Fast Charging and Sync: 3A Fast Charge, Transfer speed can reach 40~60MB/S (480Mbps), JSAUX USB C Cable accelerates the charging speed by delivering 5V/3A safe charging power, 【25% faster】compared with other cables which provide 5V/2.4A output.
- Certified Safety & High-Quality Assurance: This USB-C cable has electronic safety certifications that comply with appropriate standards, you have no need to worry about this cable quality at all. Upgraded 3D aluminum connector and exclusive laser welding technology, which can ensure the metal part won’t break.
- Enhanced Durability: Strong fiber, the most flexible, powerful, and durable material, makes tensile force increased by 200%. Can bear 10000+ bending test. Premium Aluminum housing makes the cable more durable, nylon braided type c cable adds additional durability and tangle-free.
Belkin USB-IF Certified USB Type C Cable
- Connect USB-C enabled devices (including Galaxy S8/S8+, new MacBook, Chromebook pixel) with standard USB-A devices (laptops, hard drives)
- Compatible with USB-C enabled devices including MacBook, Chromebook pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8, Google pixel, Nintendo switch, LG G5, and many more
- Reversible USB-C connector
- 3a charging output
- 480 Mbps data transfer speeds