OnePlus just issued the new high-end smartphones, OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The two new phones are very good — the company’s best. Aside from wireless charging and IP68 water resistance rating, there are other features that make the OnePlus phones a spectacular value and something special: the 120Hz smooth screen, the surprisingly good triple-camera system, and the software pleasant to use. However, maybe you just want to know whether they come with NFC technology.
What is NFC?
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a technology that transfers data between two devices when they are close enough to each other. More specifically, it operates within a radius of about 4cm. NFC is mostly used as a data-sharing tool and payment method. For example, you can share apps, YouTube videos, contact info, web content and information to another smartphone supporting NFC. NFC can be found in most high-end phones, but not available on all mid-range and entry-level handsets. The easy way to check if your phone have NFC is to look NFC printing, usually on the back of the phone. You can also directly check that by typing in “NFC” in the settings menu.
How to activate NFC?
If your device has NFC, you should first activate the chip and Android Beam.
- Tap on “Settings” on your Android device
- Select “Connected devices”
- Select “Connection preferences”
- You will see “NFC” and “Android Beam” options
- Turn both them on
Does OnePlus 8/8 Pro have NFC?
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are positioned in the high-end smartphone level, and they both support NFC. Also, Mashable said that the company has introduced its own OnePlus Pay, which will be using the technology of NFC and makes OnePlus be more competitive against other companies like Apple, Google, and Samsung. With NFC, scanning codes and communicating between devices will be much faster, compared to traditional file transferring and payment methods.
Recommended Cases for OnePlus 8
- Case only works with T-Mobile / Unlocked Phone. [NOT compatible with OnePlus 8 5G UW by Verizon]
- Semi-transparent camo patterned back provides stylish twist to device.
- Drastically lessens impact from heavy fall damage and accidental drops.
- Specialized raised bezels carefully lifts the front display away from flat surfaces.
- Attach wrist or neck straps with the built-in dual QuikCatch lanyard holes. (Strap sold separately)
- OnePlus 8 Case NOT compatible with Verizon version. Only compatible with OnePlus 8 phone bought from the Official OnePlus 8 website and T-Mobile carrier.
- Shockproof TPU and polycarbonate combination for double protection from drops and scratches
- Raised edges for added screen and camera protection
- Slim and rugged design with comfortable grip
- Precise cutouts allow buttons to be easily pressed