Google Pixel phone users have expected the Google Pixel watch for a long time. It has long been rumored and never shows up at the company’s hardware event. An article released 3 days ago by Techradar said that Google is buying Fitbit and we may finally get a Pixel Watch. How about now? Can we use an Apple watch instead?
Can Google Pixel 4/ 4 XL connect to an Apple Watch?
No matter you use which Pixel phone, sorry to tell you that your Apple Watch can’t connect to any Google Pixel phone. Apple holds on 37% of the wearable market share, which is way over other competitors. The Apple Watch is made explicitly to work with the iPhone. They give you one more reason to buy an iPhone, although you may think about how they are unfriendly.
To explain more clearly, if you want to activate and set up your Apple Watch, you need an iPhone. Use the built-in Watch app on your iPhone to activate your watch and set up. And the activation of cellular connectivity should also be operated on an iPhone. And you can’t pair the Apple Watch with your Android phone even after you finish the setup. Bluetooth can only enable the Apple Watch to connect to an iPhone.
How to use an Apple Watch along with a Google Pixel 4/ 4 XL?
Actually, you still have a chance to use your Apple Watch to work with Google Pixel phone. But you still need an iPhone and the Apple Watch must be a cellular version. Operate as following steps.
Step 1: Pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone and activate cellular capability on the watch.
Step 2: Swap the SIM card from your iPhone to your Google Pixel phone.
Now, your Apple Watch and Google Pixel phone can receive calls and messages to you. But this just means they are tied to the same cellular account, not paired. There won’t be any data sharing between your Apple Watch and Google phone.
Recommended Accessories for Pixel 4/ 4 XL
Current Price: $29
- Enjoy pure 24-bit digital audio on all Android devices 8.0 (Oreo) & up, Experience rich bass, clear mids, and crisp highs with premium speakers and a wide frequency range (Cord length 44 in)
- Control your music, find directions, call, and text, and manage your day with access to your phone’s Google Assistant.
- Get the latest without touching your phone; Press and hold the volume up button to hear your latest notifications
- Communicate in over 40 languages with in-ear help from Google Translate; Just press and hold the black button and say Hey Google, Help Me Speak Japanese
Current Price: $28.99
- [Charge and Listen 2-in-1] This 2-in-2 usb c to 3.5mm headphones adatper enables you to listen and charge simultaneouly on your type c usb devices. NOTE: Follow these steps before using: connect the headphones to the adapter first, then connect to the charging cord, finally connect to your phone!!
- [Wide Compatibiliy] This usb c to 3.5mm adapter is widely compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Google Pixel 4/4 XL/3/3 XL/2/2 XL, iPad Pro 2018, HTC, Essential Phone, Huawei Mate 20 Pro/P20/P20 Pro/P30 Pro and more other type c port devices. Please reach out for more compatibility. It is not compatible with lightning port devices or AUX cord
- [Hi-Res Sound and Fast Charging] The built-in Realtek DAC Audio Chip provides Hi-Res Sound Quality (24bit/96khz.) This USB C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter supports PD fast charging and provides up to 60W (20V/3A) power output.
- [Remote Control and HD Calls] This type c usb to 3.5 mm headphones adapter supports volume control and answers call on compatible devices. It provides HD calls for you and your friends and families.