On Tuesday, October 15, Google finally announced the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. Despite its thorough leaks for months and various competitors already released like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and OnePlus 7 Pro, Google Pixel 4 still attracts much attention. Instead of saying Pixel 4 is a successor of Pixel 3 and its more previous versions, it would be fairer to say that the new iteration makes a handful of departures from them. CNET further compliments that “Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL embrace the industrial chic look“. We know that Google smartphones have always been iconic as its incredible cameras. And this time, it again made some big changes in this aspect. So let’s check it out.
The Bold Square and the Black Outline
Just look at the early photos about Pixel 4 posted on Twitter by Google, you’ll find that Google utilized the bold square, which is a trend of this year to display all the rear cameras. It is a highly attractive design especially on the Clearly White and Oh So Orange phones. And because the background of the “square” is totally black, the cameras look much vivid and impressive compared with the design on Apple’s iPhone 11 and Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Another feature is the black outline around the body of the phone and the Pixel square as well. The common approach to design the sides of a phone is to match them with the same color on the back, but Google this time choose another way: just painted it black. It can not only add some contrast, according to the Pixel 4 designer Villarreal, but hide away all the tiny components like the SIM slot, the speaker grill, the USB-C port, and the antenna bands whose appearance might affect aesthetics.
Dual Cameras on the Back
Although designed with a square to hold all the cameras, it does not mean that Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL has triple-cameras prevailing now in the market. They are instead dual-camera — the main camera is the same as Pixel 3, still 12-megapixel and has f/1.7 wide-angle lens, and the new f/2.4 “telephoto” camera has a 16-megapixel sensor and provides 2x optical zoom. The first question coming out of mind for anyone who takes a look at the new handset is likely to be: since the second camera is added, why not apply a third one? As for this matter, a spokesperson said they thought that “zooming in on a subject would be more important to Pixel owners”. That is rather understandable and convincing, as Google has always been famous for its value more on utility over style. If you are into this opinion, Pixel 4 will be a great choice.
Software-based Camera Experience
Google apparently made big improvements to the camera experiences, and it is mainly realized by software. HDR+ reduces noise, combines up to nine under-exposed photos and combines them to reduce noise, and features “Super Res Zoom” that enhances clarity. The second feature is a new dual-exposure control that lets you adjust main brightness and the brightness of shadows separately with two different sliders. And finally is the Night Sight the predecessors already had. Google made it even better on Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. It is so good that you can even take incredible photos of stars!
Now that nearly all smartphone giants have issued their new versions. And after months of leaks about the new flagship Android phones, you must have already know whether or not to buy one and which one is a better choice. If you decide to have a Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL, take a look at the Pixel cases we’ve rounded up for you and let them protect your pricey new phones better.
>>For Pixel 4:
- 【Case for Pixel 4】Compatible with Google Pixel 4 ONLY (2019 Release)
- 【All Round Protection】Extra bumper corners are nice for protection against drops, and raised lips keep the screen and camera off of flat surfaces
- 【Anti-Yellow & Anti-Scratch】Premium transparent backing shows off the natural beauty of your Pixel 4 with long-lasting clarity, while protecting it from scratches, dirt and bumps
- 【Nice Grip】Soft flexible TPU bumper edges & hard PC back cover offer extra protection and comfortable grip. Easy to get on and off with no worries about scratching your phone
- 【Perfect Fit】Light and thin, fits snugly. Precise cutouts for easy access to all buttons and ports, and sensitive buttons ensure prompt responsiveness
>>For Pixel 4 XL:
- 【Compability】Designed for Google Pixel 4XL case (2019), Not for Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 3 XL
- 【Screen protector】Includes 9H tempered glass screen protector and easy installation frame to facilitate accurate installation
- 【Multiple protection]】Resilient TPU bumper for shock absorption, soft TPU with stripe texture on edge and back plate provide anti-scratch,anti-fingerprint protection
- 【Precise cutouts & comfortable grip】A precious cutout fits perfectly and is lightweight, all buttons remain sensitive responsive. The striped texture look for a comfortable secure grip
- 【Warranty】We are happy to offer our customers a lifetime refund or replacement due to any quality issue