The new-released Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is bigger than previous Note phone in many ways. It has a larger 6.4-inch screen, all-day-use-satisfied 4000 mAh battery, and an improved Bluetooth S Pen. However, Galaxy Note 9 doesn’t abandon its 3.5mm headphone jack for these performance upgrade. You can still listen to music with your earbuds with 3.5mm headphone plug.
For those who get used to the 3.5mm headphone jack, it’s definitely a good news. No USB C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter is needed here. According to the Twitter poll done by Oneplus 6 this year, 88% participants said they like physical headphone jacks. Beyond doubt, Samsung has done its own research definitely on this matter. They keep the 3.5mm headphone jack to meet many people’s requirement.
Some phone manufacture left the 3.5mm headphone jack behind for a slimmer phone and higher water-resistance level. However, keeping this 3.5mm headphone jack, Samsung didn’t give up the high water-resistance performance. Galaxy Note 9 comes with a high-enough IP rating, IP68, which means it is deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt, and sand, and are resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes. You can use it worry-free. Thanks to the effort Samsung make in solving this conflict. We won’t compromise on 3.5mm headphone jack or waterproof performance.
If you can accept wireless headphones, I wrapped up some good rated wireless headphones for you.
1. TaoTronics Wireless 4.1 Magnetic Earbuds $25.99
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don’t need them.
- The rechargable long battery life means you get 5 hours of continuous music, or can relax with 175 hours of standby time when powered with a 5V external charger.
2. Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear $39.99
- This item is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can’t cancel the noise completely but it won’t drain the battery and damage the sound. As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC.
- The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together. If you care more about Noise Cancellation than Sound Quality, you may consider other alternatives
Does Samsung Galaxy Note 9 support dual SIM? Or MicroSD?