Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, as the major updates to the company’s P series, have been launched in Paris on 27th March 2018. “After a succession of quite-good but not-quite-there P series phones, this is the best phone Huawei has mad in ages.” Techadvisor comments. Along with their high-tech new features, the news that their 3.5mm headphone jack has been canceled catches our eyes.
After the iPhone 8/8+ and iPhone X, Pixel 2 opted to abandon the 3.5mm connector, Huawei made their move on the newest P series. Since there is only one port on Huawei P20/P20 pro, it’s obvious that you should connect your headphone to this USB-C port. Good news is a headphone with USB-C connector and a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter are included in the box. Therefore, your original 3.5mm headphones can still work on it.
The sacrifice of the 3.5mm headphone jack improves P20 pro’s water and dust resistance level. Huawei P20 pro’s IP67 means it is protected from dust and capable of withstanding water immersion between 15cm and 1 meter for 30 minutes. However, P20 is only IP53 dust and water resistance, which means the phone is protected from dust ingress but not submersion in water – only a light spray. Both of them cast off the 3.5mm headphone jack, but the purposes may be different. It is definite that both of them give place to other features which are more important.
This trend unquestionably is the future of smartphones. We won’t be surprised when all smartphones are produced without a 3.5mm headphone jack one day. If the phone manufacturer can find a way to solve the drawback that we can’t listen to music while charging the phone, for example, by providing wireless earbuds in the box or lower the price of related accessories, it will be more acceptable.
Bluetooth Headphones Recommendation
1. TaoTronics Wireless 4.2 Magnetic Earbuds
Current price: $25.99
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don’t need them.
- The rechargeable long battery life means you get 5 hours of continuous music or can relax with 175 hours of standby time when powered with a 5V external charger.
- cVc 6.0 Noise Cancelling Microphone reduces outside noises, enable clearer microphone sound.
2. Mpow 059 Hi-Fi Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear
Current price: $39.99
- This item is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can’t cancel the noise completely but it won’t drain the battery and damage the sound. As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC.
- The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together. If you care more about Noise Cancellation than Sound Quality, you may consider other alternatives
Does Huawei P20 have wireless charging
一个有关“Does Huawei P20/ P20 Pro have a 3.5mm headphone jack”的想法
Need 3.5 Jack connecter huawei p 20 Pro.