More and more smartphones support wirelessly charging along with constantly enhanced technology and heavy demands of customers, let alone the new released Samsung Galaxy S9 and s9 plus.
How Wireless Charging Works？
Many people are not clear about how the wireless charging works. Wireless charging, in fact, is based on the principle of electromagnetic induction as its theoretical basis. Simply speaking, when the current flows through the coil, it generates a magnetic field, and the coil close to the magnetic field generates an induced current, thereby realizing the wireless transmission of current. The whole process is actually very simple. Just like a transformer, iron is connected between the two coils, and wireless charging turns the iron into the air, which enables wireless charging. By contrast, the difference of the transmission medium leads to the different result. The loss of energy is large in the air. And the solution is to increase the voltage and power to achieve a concentrated transmission of energy, thus offsetting the energy loss in the air.
The New Wireless Charger for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus
Samsung’s official website recently appeared a brand-new fast wireless charger, EP-N5100, which is different from all currently available wireless chargers. This shows that it should be a new accessory that will be sold along with Galaxy S9 and S9 plus.
Samsung’s smartphones began to support wireless charging very early, but their competitors are also catching up to this trend. Apple’s iPhone 8, iPhone 9 plus and iPhone X released last year added support for wireless charging for the first time. As mobile phones increasingly equipped with wireless charging, wireless chargers from various manufacturers will be more innovative. In the next few years, the speed of wireless charging is expected to more than double.
The EP-N5100 is similar to Samsung’s existing wireless chargers, but with a slimmer design, and the number of internal charging coils has also been reduced from 3 to 2. The charger’s specification is 9V / 2A, so the theoretical maximum charging power is 18W. In contrast, the charging power of Galaxy Note 8’s wireless charger is 15W. As for whether the Galaxy S9 supports higher wireless charging power, let’s just wait and see.
How to Wirelessly Charge Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
It’s simple to wireless charging your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 plus with the EP-N5100. There are two charging coils in the charger, so whether you’re using your phone in portrait or landscape mode, you don’t have to readjust to place it on the charger.
Simply put it down however you want and it could power up without pausing. And the indicator light will light up to show the charging status. After the S9 or S9 plus is fully charged, the indicator light will change color. Then the wireless charging is fully completed.
Recommendation of Samsung Galaxy S9 wireless charging accessories:
Standard Charging Pad
Current Price: $13.99
- The Need for Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, while iPhones get a boosted 5W charge that’s 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Non-Slip, Yes Slim: A slimline profile provides an aesthetically pleasing complement to your desk, while the TPU surface prevents slipping and sliding.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases. Metal attachments or cards may interfere with charging.
User-friendly Charging Stand
Current Price: $19.99
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30+ million powered by our leading technology.
- A Galaxy of Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy. iPhones get a boosted 5W charge at 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Flip It: Charge in landscape orientation while watching videos, or portrait mode for messaging and facial recognition.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases.
On-the-Go Car Charger
Current Price: $21.99
- Quick Charge Supported – ensures continuous wireless high input even when GPS is on, no worries power goes down on the road. (QC 3.0 car charger required, not included).
- One Hand Operation – slide your phone in and secure in place with two simple motions. All can be done with just one hand hence no interruption on driving.
- No Drop – phone and the car mount won’t fall off even driving on tough road due to soft rubber made air vent clip, fixed nut and phone holder keep phone+car mount tight, thus your phone and air vents are well-protected.
- 360° Rotating Phone Holder – Able to set up horizontal and vertical stand angles, more convenient to adjust GPS or to answer calls.