After Apple admitted they slowed down iPhones with older batteries, some people slammed the company for not doing even more for its users, like designing iPhones with removable batteries. Launching phones without removable batteries, Apple is not alone. More and more mobile phone companies gave up a removable battery which was a major selling point on Android smartphones against the iPhone, so did Samsung. Does new-released Samsung Galaxy S9 have a removable battery? Will Samsung phones come with removable batteries ever again?
No surprise. Samsung Galaxy S9 doesn’t come with a removable battery.
Samsung Galaxy S9 has premium glass screen and metal shell, very similar to the S8. And it is featured with 3000mAh battery which isn’t removable, as S8. No matter Samsung company wants to return to removable battery era or not, in fact, Galaxy series as the flagship phones of Samsung, they don’t have choices.
We need to say goodbye to the era with removable batteries and move on
In the case of phones with removable batteries, phone makers made the deliberate decision to go with sealed batteries for many reasons. Here are some of them:
More premium design
To keep the removable battery, they have to choose a plastic removable bottom for their phone. Metal and glass bodies simply can not coexist peacefully with removable batteries. Of course, there is a particular case – the LG G5 – but it made a great compromise. There is a plastic part on the bottom of its back. And the plastic bottom had a plasticky look to it, which didn’t match the rest of the metal body. Sealed batteries have enabled slimmer designs and the use of new, more luxurious materials that wouldn’t have been aesthetically possible if they had to account for a removable back battery.
Higher water-resistance level
Water resistance is only possible with a unibody design. A sealed external is definitely a part of the design. You want it survives in a drop into the toilet and even want to take photos underwater. Give up your obsession with a removable battery. A phone with a cover that could easily pop off and crack can prevent water to seep in, and dust as well. For higher water-resistance level, the abandon deserves. Can Samsung Galaxy S9/ S9 plus shot Super Slow-mo videos underwater
More room for other features
Unlike a sealed battery, a removable battery requires an extra layer of protection to shield it from the everyday impact which may cause the explosion or spontaneous ignition.This adds extra thickness can give places to a lot of features, such as inner screen fingerprint sensor, camera, stereo speaker and more. On a phone where every millimeter counts and can be felt in the hand, there’s little competitive edge to go thicker when everyone is making their phones thinner.
For easy installation and removal, the shapes of removable batteries are limited, rectangles or squares. But new phone batteries are built to squeeze more power with unconventional designs. The iPhone X is equipped with an L-shaped battery made up of two battery cells, which make the full use of space and provide more power. What Should I Do to Charge Lithium Ion Battery First Time
It’s time to move on. I hope the removable battery rests in peace. It was great once, but we need to get rid of it so our phones don’t have to sacrifice their designs, or water-resistance, for some extra juice.
Best Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S9
- Slim heavy duty protection case with sleek military-inspired design, solid build and non bulky profile
- Protective dual layer phone case combines shock absorbing TPU sleeve with durable PC shell
- Grippy hard cover offers a solid layer of protection and provides enough traction to keep your Galaxy S9 securely in your hand
- Responsive button covers with crisp tactile feedback, precise cutouts and raised fingerprint sensor bezel & front lip protection
- Dual-layered protection for optimum defense from drops
- Form-fitted construction to remain slim and pocket-friendly
- Hands-free viewing with reinforced and color-matched kickstand
- Mil-Grade Protection with Air Cushion Technology in all corners
- [Kickstand Support] Built-in kickstand for convenient hands free portrait and landscape viewing angles
- [Military Grade Protection] Military Drop Tested. Dual layer provides 360 degree full body rugged protection. Premium hybrid hard Polycarbonate (PC) + Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) materials provide solid texture. Raised lip ensures extra protection for the screen and camera
- [Built-in Screen Protector Included] This case front cover is coming with a built-in screen protector. Non-slippery design is ready for any situation
- [Slim Fit Design & Multiple Color Option] Slim fit & Lightweight by YOUMAKER Design Team brings the super-excellent ergonomic appearance.
- Thin, lightweight 2-piece case provides protection against drops, bumps and shock (port covers block entry of dust and debris).
- Slides easily in and out of pockets.
- Includes OtterBox limited lifetime warranty (see website for details) and 100% authentic.
- Precise cutout – precise cutouts provide you with full access to ports, speakers, Camera and other Features. Sensitive button covers allow responsive presses
- Minimalism at its best – slim and thin design. Engineered to emphasize thinness without compromising phone security. Transparent back cover enhances its ultimate simplicity
- Full degree of protection – reinforced corners and raised edges keep the screen from scratching when placed face down. Flexible TPU rubber edges + hard PC back cover constitute a protective case