Earlier this month, CNET predicted that Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ looks like to keep the headphone jack. Since the iPhone 8/8+ and iPhone X, Pixel 2 and other big name phones of 2017 had opted to abandon the 3.5mm connector, does Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ have a headphone jack? With the official announcement and launch event, we have found the answer. Yes, Galaxy S9 line does have a headphone jack in order to keep customers away from additional dongles.
Is it intelligent for Samsung to keep the headphone jack on Galaxy S9 line? Of course it is. No more complaints about the missing headphone jack and offering users options to use a traditional wired headphones with 3.5mm connector or wireless Bluetooth headphones, no matter which one you will take, there’s no worry about charging your phone while listening to music. The previous ‘old-styled’ headphone jack is not dead yet, instead, it has proved to be extremely useful.
We are not saying that the trend to go completely wireless is not good, unquestionably the future is wireless, no more wire tangle-ups can perfect our digital lives, the point is, if the phone manufacturers can find a way to solve the drawbacks, providing wireless earbuds in the box or lower the price of related accessories is a good solution. Apple definitely goes in an opposite way for ditching the cheap 3.5mm headphone jack and launching the pricey Airpods instead.
Like what Samsung said before for introducing the wireless charging technology, wire or wireless? It’s up to you. Similarly, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ with headphone jack or iPhone after iPhone 7 without it ? It’s up to you.
What about the AKG Earbuds come with the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ ? Samsung stereo speakers tuned by AKG, which produces premium headphones, microphones, wireless audio system. The Samsung earbuds comes in the box with Galaxy S8/S8+ and Note 8 are tuned by AKG as well, even though it was rumored to feature wireless AKG earbuds with Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, it didn’t come true for multiple reasons, mainly due to the higher cost for it. However, the AKG tuned earbuds do sound really good and comfort in-ear, they are unlike an average headphones come with a flagship phone like most manufactures had done for a long time, I personally really love the music experience with the AKG earbuds on S8 box.
What if you would rather choose to pair with wireless headphones? I wrapped up some good rated wireless headphones for the new Samsung flagship phone.
1. TaoTronics Wireless 4.1 Magnetic Earbuds $25.99
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don’t need them.
- The rechargable long battery life means you get 5 hours of continuous music, or can relax with 175 hours of standby time when powered with a 5V external charger.
2. Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear $35.89
1. This item is passive noise isolating, NOT active noise cancellation(ANC), it can’t cancel the noise completely but it won’t drain the battery and damage the sound. As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC.
2. The closed-back design provides immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and 40mm driver together. If you care more about Noise Cancellation than Sound Quality, you may consider other alternatives