After Samsung released the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8, various media had comprehensive introduction on hardware and software respects of the flagship, ultra-high screen design brought stunning feeling, but as one of the strongest Android smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S8 upgrade far more than the external design such as wireless charging.
Wireless charging is the core evolve of smartphone development.Therefore, Samsung Galaxy S8 standard system with wireless charging function can be reasonable under the trend. Samsung Galaxy S8 choose wireless charging transmitter system with 10W transmissible power to support wireless fast charging which greatly enhances the charging rate, while heat dissipation performs excellent. Galaxy S8 can be completely full of powered to meet the daily office needs with wireless charging.
Currently, there are two mainstream wireless charging standards, including WPC and Airfuel. Technical route based on magnetic induction and magnetic resonance.
WPC is the first established standards organization, the main participants are Samsung, TI and other large companies, there are a series of industrial alliances, while are the most popular standards on the market at present. However, the biggest problem with the WPC standard Qi protocol is that its technology requires the terminal be aimed at the base of the wireless charger, the wireless charging only works when the transmitter and the receiver are accurately aligned, which is the biggest technical barrier to wireless charging leads to unfriendly user experience at present.
Today, Apple, Huawei and other major smartphone manufacturers have started wireless charging function for their flagship, Samsung’s mainstream models are also equipped with wireless charging, but now including Galaxy S8 and S8 plus can not be wireless charging with free location.
Since the wireless charging of Galaxy S8 can’t work with inaccurately aligned, another question comes out: Does Samsung Galaxy S8 wireless charger work with case when accurate aligned?
Generally speaking, Samsung Galaxy S8 wireless charger does work with case when accurate aligned. The theory you can regard it as your smartphone with case still work when it connect to WiFi. TPU or hybrid material case would much better than metal material case. Cause metal material case or too thick case can affect magnetic transmission function so that lower the wireless charging rate.
For Samsung Galaxy S8 wireless charger work better with case, here are some recommendations of wireless charging pads and cases for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8P.
1. EasyAcc TPU Frame and Acrylic Back Case for Samsung Galaxy S8/S8P [Buy at Amazon]
It’s built against for dropping and bumping, most importantly it’s able to support wireless charging of Galaxy S8/S8P.
List of Samsung Galaxy S8 wireless charging pad:
Standard Charging Pad
Anker PowerWave Qi 10W Wireless Charging Pad
Current Price: $13.99
- The Need for Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy, while iPhones get a boosted 5W charge that’s 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Non-Slip, Yes Slim: A slimline profile provides an aesthetically pleasing complement to your desk, while the TPU surface prevents slipping and sliding.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases. Metal attachments or cards may interfere with charging.
User-friendly Charging Stand
Anker PowerWave Fast Wireless Charging Pad, Qi-Certified
Current Price: $19.99
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30+ million powered by our leading technology.
- A Galaxy of Speed: A high-efficiency chipset provides 10W high-speed charging for Samsung Galaxy. iPhones get a boosted 5W charge at 10% faster than other wireless chargers.
- Flip It: Charge in landscape orientation while watching videos, or portrait mode for messaging and facial recognition.
- Case Friendly: Don’t fumble with your phone case. PowerWave transmits charging power directly through protective cases.
On-the-Go Car Charger
EasyAcc Wireless Charger Car Mount with Air Vent Phone Holder
Current Price: $21.99
- Quick Charge Supported – ensures continuous wireless high input even when GPS is on, no worries power goes down on the road. (QC 3.0 car charger required, not included).
- One Hand Operation – slide your phone in and secure in place with two simple motions. All can be done with just one hand hence no interruption on driving.
- No Drop – phone and the car mount won’t fall off even driving on tough road due to soft rubber made air vent clip, fixed nut and phone holder keep phone+car mount tight, thus your phone and air vents are well-protected.
- 360° Rotating Phone Holder – Able to set up horizontal and vertical stand angles, more convenient to adjust GPS or to answer calls.
《Does Samsung Galaxy S8 Wireless Charger Work with Case?》有7个想法
where can I get a s7 charger adapter so it can work on my s8…they only included 1 with my phone kit and I dont really want to buy all new chargers
The charger adapter works on s7 also works on s8. But s7 is micro USB port while s8 is USB type-C port, so you need to choose the micro USB cable for your s7, and the USB type-C cable for the s8. If you want to charge two devices in the meantime, you can choose the charger with two or three ports such as EasyAcc wall charger.
don”t know why you cant charge a galaxy s8+ with cover on it on a wireless charger can someone please help
I have a Samsung S8 Plus. Have found that the OEM/Samsung wireless charger works great WITHOUT a case. If I add a THIN “TPU” type cover, and align everything just right, it will charge BARELY, and SLOWLY.
I use a small metal disc either on the back of the case or in between the phone and the case to “mount” the phone magnetically to the vent in my vehicles. Once I add the “disc”, it will no longer charge. I think it discharges more slowly, but won’t charge.
And, if I use a THICK case – like the Otterbox Defender, again, it won’t charge.
The thicker the case, the less likely that it will charge “efficiently”.
When you’re only talking an effective charging distance of 3-5mm, just about anything between the phone and wireless charger will affect the charging.
I added a magnetic strip to the inside of my case because I bought a magnetized mobil phone holder for my car. Now it will not charge on my wireless charger with the case on as it did before I put the strip on.
S8 plus with a Ottert Defender case with the OEM Fast wireless charger. Started out when new everything was working fine… and then after the phone 3rd update started getting errors that wireless charging was “PAUSED”? Had to take the Otter case off to use the wireless charger, so no more how you look at is, either the wireless charger is useless, or the case useless! OR Samsung with their updates wanted to stop phone owners from using 3rd party chargers. By the way, the phone with case still work with a aftermarket wireless stand for the auto, go figure!
On my S8 plus, it wont charge unless I take the rubber backing off. Tried on two different chargers. On a S8 with the commuter case works find, defender doesn’t seem to work.