In the last article What Is Quick Charge 3.0 we introduced and explained what quick charge 3.0 is in detail. So here in this passage, we will make a comparison in Quick Charge 3.0, 2.0 and 1.0 to see what the improvement is and how they do benefit our charging experience.
Perhaps the best way to get to know this question is to compare the charging values between each of Qualcomm’s Quick Charge revisions.
Here we can see that the amount of current offered by Quick Charge has remained relatively consistent, but increasing the charging voltage has helped allow for faster charge times. With 3.0, the range of voltages will allow for fast charging and better efficiency.
For smartphones, the actual maximum amount of power available has not really changed from Quick Charge 2.0’s 18W maximum. Newer 9V models will still take the same 18W peak power as before, although lower voltage batteries may receive a power boost, allowing them to charge up a little faster than before. But this all depends on the exact hardware.
Importantly, Qualcomm has retained backwards compatibility with its 2.0 and 1.0 standards. As the power draw is handled on the smartphone side, you will safely receive the maximum amount of power for your device using any of the certified chargers. However, you won’t achieve full charging speeds if you try charging newer phones with older lower power chargers.
Although Qualcomm supports Quick Charge in all of its new SoCs, it is still up to smartphone and tablet manufacturers to implement the specific circuitry required to make full use of the fastest charging speeds available. Keep an eye out for Quick Charge 3.0 devices.
Recommendation of Quick Charge 3.0 Power banks:
For QC 3.0 accessories, Take Advantage of 50% Off discount on Indiegogo here!
1.EasyAcc QC 3.0 20000mAh Power Bank Portable Charger
- Fastest Ever Recharge: Innovative two inputs design. One port supports Quick Charge 3.0 technology. Charges the power bank full in up to 5 hours 一 about 60% of time saved as compared to a standard 20000mAh power bank.
- Fastest Charge: Four USB outputs. The Quick Charge 3.0 technology applied on one port charges compatible devices to 80% in 35 minutes, about 4X faster than with conventional charging.
- Universal Compatibility: Featuring both the Quick Charge 3.0 and Smart Charge technologies, the charger is compatible with most USB devices. No matter for iOS devices, or android devices (including Samsung, HTC, LG and more brands).
- Quality Cells & Safe Use: Quality li-ion battery cells. 20000mAh capacity charges an iPhone 7 for over 6 times, or an iPad mini 3 twice. Premium integrated circuits effectively prevent overcharge, overcurrent and short circuit. CE, RoHS and FCC certifications.
- Bright Flashlight: Supported by the huge capacity, the flashlight can last for over 100 hours than standard flashlights do. Handy and bright enough to get you through darkness.
2.USB C Power Bank RAVPower 20100 Portable Charger with QC 3.0
- Quick Charge 3.0 Input & Output: 75% faster technology, charge compatible smartphones from 0 to 80% in only 60 minutes; QC3.0 input allows for speedy recharging of the battery charger
- Type-C Input & Output: The airplane-friendly power bank recharges up to 5V/3A; compatible with Nintendo Switch, 12-inch MacBook, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus, Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Bigger Capacity and Faster Recharge: 20100mAh charges the Nintendo Switch 2.5 times, iPhone X 4.4 times; fully recharge the power bank in just 4.5 hours (QC3.0 charger) or 10.5 hours (5V/2A charger)
- What You Get: Lifetime Warranty, RAVPower Turbo Series 20100mAh Portable Charger, 2 x Micro USB Charging Cables, Micro-USB to Type-C Adapter, Carry Pouch, User Guide