OnePlus Nord 2 5G is a follow-up to the original Nord phone and has a lot of things in common with it, such as the outlook, the crisp display, 5G, and a decent amount of storage and speed. So, is OnePlus Nord 2 the same as its predecessor in IR blaster and NFC?
Does OnePlus Nord 2 5G have IR blaster?
IR stands for “infrared”. If your phone has an IR blaster, you can use your phone as a remote control for another device like television, set-up box, and stereo. This is especially useful for those good old-fashioned devices that don’t support Bluetooth or wireless connections. However, the truth is that IR blasters aren’t as common as they used to be. Now most high-end smartphones have ditched this little feature, and you can only find it on some Chinese handset brands.
Same as its siblings, OnePlus Nord 2 doesn’t support IR blaster, either. The official specs show that it has fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass sensor except for IR. So, you may have to use the regular remote control, or simply use Bluetooth to control your upgraded devices. If you still fancy this feature, here are some IR blaster phones for you to choose, including Huawei P40 series, Poco F3, Xiaomi Mi 11 series and Redmi Note 10 and 10 Pro.
Does OnePlus Nord 2 5G have NFC?
Near Field Communication (NFC) is for transferring data between two devices, like sending photos, videos, and making a payment. The only condition for this feature to take effect is to place two NFC- capable devices together, which actually means “near” each other’s “fields”.
Different from IR blaster, NFC is a feature much more flagships-related. That is to say, it hardly can be seen on mid-range and entry-level smartphones, but it’s widely available in high-end phones. And as a premium budget smartphone, Nord 2 also comes with NFC technology. How to activate NFC? On your phone, just go to Settings>>Connected devices>>Connection preferences, and then turn on both NFC and Android Beam.
- 【Wide Compatibility】This cell phone stand is compatible with all 4-8 inches smartphones in phone cases, like iPhone 12 mini 11 Pro XS Max XR X 8 7 6 6S Plus, Galaxy S21 Ultra, S20, S10, S9, S9 Plus, A71, A51, A11, Edge, Note 20 ultra, LG, Sony, Moto, LG, Google Pixel, Nexus etc.
- 【Stable and Anti-scratch】The iPhone stand is made of high-quality aluminum alloy with a nice finish. Stable and easy to watch Youtube or FaceTime. Besides, rubber non-slip pads protect the surface of your phone case and desk from scratches.
- 【Make Your Life Easier】Using this desktop phone holder at home to prop up your phone, you can better view recipes while cooking. It’s also great for on your nightstand, so no more fumbling around in the morning to shut off the alarm.
- 【Suitable Viewing Angle】The phone cradle for desk provides you with a comfortable viewing angle. Put it on your office desk, and you can see at a glace incoming notifications and calls when the phone is in silent mode.
- 【Thoughtful Detail Design】 A large hole in the back allows a charging cable to bend gracefully away. And the outer edge of this hole is beveled so that it will not cut into your cord — a perfect dock for your phone.
- 【Note:】If you are using a thick case, then it won’t be compatible with the spring-grip. Make sure the whole size is within the limit. Please view the measurement image of the spring-grip for reference.
- 【Size Requirement of Phone:】Max width should be about 3in(76mm). Max thickness should be about 0.5in(13mm).
- 【Length:】27.5in(70cm) overall length with 21.5in(55cm) flexible arm.
- 【Screw Clamp:】Fit for 3 inches(75mm) thickness countertop or headboard.
- 【Material:】Aluminium-Magnesium Alloy; ABS plastic.