Apple’s latest iPhone 11 lineup adds more cameras, brighter screens and faster processors. iPhone 11 is even available in six colors. eSIM, as a new feature on smartphones, also has been discussed when we refer to iPhone 11. If you want to buy an eSIM-supported iPhone 11, you will find the answer you want in this article.
What is eSIM?
Embedded SIM, known as eSIM, is a small chip built right into your phone. It is used to authenticate your identity with your carriers. Comparing to the preceding physical SIM card, eSIM is more convenient to use and space-saving on your phone for other features. Instead of having to order a new SIM and wait for it, you can switch to a new carrier straight from your phone when using an eSIM. And eSIM technology also supports multiple accounts. You can still have dual SIMs.
Does iPhone 11/ 11 Pro/ 11 Pro Max have eSIM technology?
With the comeout of the iPhone XS, Apple has its eSIM smartphone. After that, iPhone 11 lineup follows the steps. They offered both a physical nano-SIM slot and an eSIM as a secondary. But eSIM on iPhone is not offered in China mainland. Instead, there is a dual-SIM slot. It may be bad news for those who want to use an eSIM to travel to China.
What phones with eSIM can we buy?
Besides iPhone 11 lineup, there are some other smartphones featured with eSIM. However, you still have a few options.
eSIM-Compatible Cell Phones
|Brand||eSIM Compatible Phones|
|Pixel 2, 2 XL (for Google Fi service only) Pixel 3, 3 XL Pixel 3a, 3a XL, (for Google Fi service only) Pixel 4, 4XL|
|Apple||iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max iPhone XS, XS Max iPhone XR|
|Nuu Mobile||NUU MOBILE X5|
If these are not what you want, wait for next year’s new releases. There will definitely spring up many great smartphones with eSIM. And if you don’t want to wait anymore, before you buy one of them, make sure whether and what telecom companies in your country support eSIM. Otherwise, you have an eSIM phone, but still can’t enjoy the convenience it bringing to you.
Recommended Accessories for iPhone 11 lineup
Current Price: $21.99
- Power Delivery: use this cable with your USB-C power Delivery charger (including Apple 29W, 30W, 61W, or 87W USB-C power adapter) to charge your iOS device, and access fast charging for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, x, XS, XR, XS Max, iPads, and more.
- Staying Power: lasts 30× longer than ordinary cables. Proven in a laboratory environment to withstand 30000 bends.
- MFi: MFi certification and strict quality testing ensure your Apple devices are charged safely, at their fastest possible speed.
- Double-braided: made with tough and durable two-shade nylon to be easily differentiated from your other Cables.
- A cable for life: We’re so confident about Powerline+ II’s long-lasting performance that we gave it a hassle-free, lifetime.
- Compatible — Specifically designed for iPhone 11 Pro 5.8″/ iPhone XS/ iPhone X , not for other phones.
- 99% light transmittance — Has a light transmittance of up to 99% and uses an OCA layer that shows the actual colors on your screen as well as prevents oil and dust entering your screen.
- Anti-shatter — A special tempering process effectively reduces the force of impact and will prevent the screen of your phone from cracking if your phone falls to the ground.
- Anti-scratch — Most durable tempered glass with 9H hardness rating (the hardness of a diamond is 10) effectively prevent your screen scratched from sharp objects.
- High touch sensitivity — Highly responsive and sensitive touching performance makes your device function smoothly and work fast.