It seems like people come up with a million reasons why not to go green – “it’s expensive”, “it would mess up my routine”, “I don’t have enough time”, “ I don’t know how”, etc. We tend to get caught up in our daily lives, which prevents us from taking a step back to see the bigger picture of how we’re impacting the Earth. As many eco-friendly people have found, they don’t have to take huge, expensive, routine-destroying measures to go green. Green steps can be taken small and simple to make an impact. yake a look through these these 5 basic ways to go green in daily life – learn to help out the Earth, without putting you out.
- 1) Change the light bulbs. Switching incandescent light bulbs for CFL (compact fluorescent lamp) bulbs is one of the easiest things to do to go green. CFL’s use about 75% less energy and last up to 10 times longer than standard incandescent light bulbs. Not only is it easy to switch, but you’re doing yourself a favor as the incandescent light bulb will soon be extinct due to government laws.
- 2) Wash only full loads of laundry. For the times only a few items are needed to be washed, find other items to throw in as well to make it a full load. Washing only a few items wastes water and energy. So to maximize efficiency wash only full loads in the washer and run it on cold. Using cold water instead of warm reduces energy usage by over 50%.
- 3) Beware of the energy vampires. Even though electronics and appliances are turned off or not in use, doesn’t mean they aren’t still using energy. Items that have a clock or a light (among others) are still using energy even when not in use. So to stop the energy waste either unplug those items when not in use or plug them into a power strip (for items close together) and just turn off power strip to slay the energy vampires.
- 4) Turn the water off. Another super easy thing to do to save water and energy is to turn the water off in between washing your face and hands, shaving, or brushing your teeth. It’s also good to do when hand-washing dishes. Letting water run in between these tasks results in gallons of wasted water.
- 5) Try some natural resources. Have you ever thought we could power up our lives with natural resources like Sunshine, wind? You can simply reduce your electricity bill while saving the earth. Solar energy shower, solar charger for electronic devices are good examples to go green. Just like EasyAcc Solar charger panel, take it out whenever there is sunshine, charge your phones or other devices while enjoying the sun, green life is just easy like this. Check it now and go green today: http://www.easyacc.com/charger/p23-easyacc-green-solar-charger-panel-pack-bag-with-built-in-usb-cable.html
Together, we can make the world a better place, so let’s go green from today, and enjoy the easy life.