At this time, DJI surprised us with a product, not a drone. DJI Osmo Action is a waterproof action camera that features 4K/60fps 100Mbps video, dual screens, and more. As a direct competitor of GoPro’s Hero 7 Black, Osmo Action features almost all specs same as Hero 7 Black, while offering several totally unique features, such as a front-facing screen. However, there are still some features Hero 7 Black got, but Osmo Action not.
Does DJI Osmo Action have an HDMI port?
GoPro Hero 7 Black offers a micro-HDMI port for video out. However, there’s no HDMI port on Osmo Action. It only comes with a USB-C port and a MicroSD card slot. The reason why they made this compromise may be that there is not enough space when the front-facing selfie screen has been added on. Or they thought that Osmo Action, defined as an action camera, doesn’t need to be connected to a monitor or a TV in its most usage scenarios. Although there isn’t an HDMI port enable you to connect a monitor to it directly, it’s still possible to use another larger display to watch the footage when you’re shooting.
How to watch the live-stream footage in Osmo Action on mobile devices?
- Download the DJI Mimo app on your mobile devices.
- Press the power button to turn on your Osmo Action
- Enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your phone, open the DJI Mimo app, tap the camera icon at the top left, and connect to Osmo Action.
- After the app is connected to Osmo Action, you will be prompted to activate the device.
- Then you can enjoy an HD live view of the camera when shooting. And the app also includes overexposure alerts and histograms, which guarantees your video quality.
Comparing to the connection type of Osmo Pocket, Action’s wireless connection is an ideal design. You must be crazy if you have to connect your Osmo Action to a mobile device, even a phone, through a cable. And it will be nonsense for an action camera.
How to connect DJI Osmo Action to TV or monitor?
If you insist on connecting your Osmo Action to a TV or professional monitor, there isn’t a solution for you at present. Although a bunch of third-party USB-C to HDMI adapters you can find, Osmo Action can’t work with them. The third -party 3.5mm to USB-C adapters can’t work with DJI Osmo Action as well, but DJI will release a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter later. We hope that DJI may release a USB-C to HDMI adapters along with it.